Addressing digital library content selection and collection of search and browse access for users.
13.6.08
Who helped us get here
We can thank the Council on Library and Information Resources http://www.clir.org/ for dovetailing libraries, archives and universities to brainstorm resource preservation and access strategies to powerful and scholarly works. Our tax $$$ at work with the brainiacs.
Thank you. Blogging can be a powerful way to communicate. Your invited to link this log to yours. Preservation is a hot topic in information science and repositories. Your link explains why and how. I have had experience archiving plants in an herbarium,cataloging extinct, exotic orchids,(manually) and locating rare orchids in Florida. Digitizing specimens from Central and South America would be an valuable tool in field research. May I have permission to link?
3 comments:
That is a great link. There are a lot of very good reports listed there that cover some very pertinent topics related to information science.
That is a great website with a lot of resources.
Thank you. Blogging can be a powerful way to communicate.
Your invited to link this log to yours.
Preservation is a hot topic in information science and repositories. Your link explains why and how.
I have had experience archiving plants in an herbarium,cataloging extinct, exotic orchids,(manually) and locating rare orchids in Florida. Digitizing specimens from Central and South America would be an valuable tool in field research.
May I have permission to link?
Post a Comment